16.1.10

who am i?

who am i?
you ask me
a million things come to mind
i am my mother's daughter,
my brother's sister,
and a friend to all my friends
i am a dreamer, in a wide-awake world
i am a juggler, not of flaming torches,
but of family, friends, and classes
i am a girl stuck in the middle
and i make my fair share of mistakes
i am a reader
a believer
a singer
a song
i am an organized mess
a pessimistic optimist
i am a dancer, an athlete
i'm a musician, a writer
an outsider
"spill-off"
and happy, just the way i am
i am a one in a world of twos,
i am a seven in a world of tens
i reside in the nine in the afternoon
and i believe in famous last words
i'm a musical theatre nerd
and i'm a headbanger
i am me
how it should be
and how it's going to stay.

1 comment:

  1. You are none of these because nothing of these things is permanently or continuously present in you.

    Are you not the one who is 'aware' of all these descriptions of yourself ? For example are you not the one who is 'aware' of your dreams ?

    ReplyDelete