12.1.10

prompted to shatter.

Cold. Breathtakingly cold.
My thoughts shiver down my spine in the awkward october air, as i clutch my arms close to me. the unrelenting rock digs into my skin, as i lay a finger against another, not making a sound, but sending an explosion through my synapses. it fades quickly, as the puncture wounds dominate my world once more. my head, my side, and my stomach. My stomach.
i let out a small whimper as the blood trickles slowly onto the grey rock. the gold of my rings glints in the dim light of the shimming wounds the cries of hatred still echoing in my ears. warm, and familiar, the rubies great me with a somber smile. they fade with me.
a drop of water runs down my face. an uncontrollable tear, i presume, but another hits my waist. rain. it comes in waves, now, stealing away my every nerve it's intertwining rivers. waterfalls and great lakes disintegrating me, stealing my drifting soil to coat the bottom of their abode. It doesn't hurt, not much. not yet. my skin opens up to the oxygen around me. the blood is gone, the skin is gone, the life is gone. i am gone, nothing left of me but bones and slivers of gold, wrapped in my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment