16.1.10

Primavera

a game of sorrows
of dancing fingers and candle light
slow me up, now,
hurt in my vision

if i am right,
if magic is not enough to keep what you have
to forget a chance,
forget romance,
it's not worth it.

exactly, i reply, though to what
i am uncertain
pressure rises,
your fingers in my hair
the world is swirling
and i'm dizzy as im crying

i'm flying
down the spiral staircase
and it feels fine
but you tell me
no
that i do not know
for i am weak and small
and not good enough

in your castle, dear,
no one is lonely,
but no one is loved

so is the way in switchblades and forked tongues
of dirty players and muddy thinkers
and girls with their mouths taped shut
i know
i am one of them
this is how he made me, and how i will be
victorious and strong
and terribly wise
and cruel
and unforgiving
and
perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment