1.3.10

this is not my eleventh song

i miss you
i miss your...everything

i miss that time
when i could look at you
and only see
your
angel
wings

i miss those nights
we spent
under the crescent moon

and i
i miss your
i love you
and i'll
see
you
soon

but the clock just keeps on turning
and the world just keeps on burning
in
my
head
and i know my head is reeling
and i can't help what i'm feeling
and i
can't
make it
end

it's like heaving it all, then losing it all
it's like taking chances, then taking a fall
it's
the weight of the world upon your shoulders
its
blue clouds on a sunny day
its
never saying what you want to say
its
never knowing
where i'm going
without you to lead me

i miss you
but i'm so confused
like
where did you go,
on that
rainy afternoon?

i miss you
and the way we used to be
i miss your eyes
when it
didn't hurt you
to look at me

and i know i'm not that young, now
and i made it through it somehow
and figured out what life was supposed to be
and i know that life changes fast
and i know i can't change the past
but, honey,
would you change for me?

it's like having it all,
then losing it all
it's like taking chances,
then taking a fall
it's
the weight of the world upon your shoulders.
it's
blue clouds, on a sunny day
and
never saying what you wanna say
it's never knowing
where you're going
without you to lead me

tell me, honey, why did you, just give up?
was it that you didn't love me enough?
i'm missing you, though i see you every day
i'm missing the man, that time took away

and there's a moment
when your eyes meet mine
that i know you're prepared
to leave everything behind

it's having it all,
then losing it all
it's taking chances,
then taking the long, long fall
it's the weight of the world, upon my bare shoulders
it's rain clouds, on my sunny day
it's the time that got away
it's never knowing
where i need to be going
because, you won't lead me.
because you don't need me

No comments:

Post a Comment